March 7, 8, 12, 14, 15, 21 (exam) and 28 (plan development), 2019 (snow dates March 19 and April 4) 1 – 4 PM each University of Maryland Extension, Baltimore City Office 6615 Reisterstown Rd, Baltimore, MD 21215
This Farmer Training and Certification (FTC) module provides an opportunity for urban and peri-urban farmers to learn how to write nutrient management plans for their own operations. As a grower, you have firsthand knowledge of your own crops, growing areas, and equipment. Who better to write your nutrient management plan than you? This seven-part series will teach you how to do it!
Competency in high school math, familiarity with using a computer keyboard, and the ability to save and retrieve electronic files is essential for completion of the course and nutrient management plan development.
You will receive:
• A comprehensive training binder – that will be used during the class, serve as a reference during the exam, and used as a valuable resource when you write future plans for your operation;
• Certification – producers who pass the exam will be certified by MDA to write their own nutrient management plans; and
• A discount - on the purchase price of NuMan Pro, Maryland’s nutrient management planning software.
• Space is limited and registrations are accepted on a first-come basis; therefore, register early.
• Paid registrations ($20.00) must be received by February 25, 2019.
For more information, please call 410-841-5959. Classes will be cancelled if there is lack of interest.
For registration, please click here for the flyer.
- March 7, 2019 / 1:00 PM
- University of Maryland Extension, Baltimore City Office
- Baltimore, MD 21215
- Ag Partner Events
- Classes & Workshops